Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 53

I am thankful for windows.  Not the operating system that you use on your computer.  But the real windows that you can look out of into the world.  Just imagine how dark our lives would be if we didn't have windows to see out of when we had to be inside.

I am thankful for psychologists who can help us work through our troubled minds.  Mental illness is such a horrible thing to live with.  The phrase that it is all in your head is so true here.  Sometimes the worst illnesses are the ones that we can't see or feel from the outside.  Mental illness is taken so lightly that it is often joked about.  When was the last time someone made a joke about cancer of any kind or even any physical ailment.  Yet, mental illness is laughed about all of the time.  I am thankful for those who have trained to help those people through those illnesses.

I am thankful for tires.  I would hate to drive the 20 minute drive that I drive each day with wooden wheels.  Driving 60 + miles an hour on wooden wheels wouldn't quite get me to work safely in one piece.

I am thankful written word. Our lives revolve around writing.  Every culture has some kind of written language.  What a blessing it is to communicate in this way.

I am thankful for service of others.  We all depend on others to help us whether we want to admit it or not.  I am so thankful for those who take time out of their busy day to help me in one small way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment